Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 19, 2011 "Fun with Dallas!"

It started off rainy and foggy as I headed off the Estero Island for my first pickup this morning. We had an Express Everglades Adventure scheduled for 5 people and I am certain they were a little concerned with what they woke up to and wondered if we were gonna be able to pull it off.



However, like it happens most of the time here in southwest Florida, the rain and fog moved through quite quickly and the day ended up being beautiful.



The rain was greatly needed, but as the cloudy sky broke open and let the blue sky and sun shine through, all of the wildlife began to wake up too. The birds were out in all their glory and we saw many alligators in the 'glades sunning themselves in the warm, bright sun.



Captain Robbie successfully slid my crew through the shallow waters of the marsh and showed them the wonders of the Everglades on the back of his airboat and actually was able to get them all back to the dock! I really don't like it when he loses people! My boss makes me fill out all kinds of paperwork so it is always a better day when they all come back. Especially since I don't charge them until AFTER the boat ride.



The highlight of the day (no offense to all of my other guests) was Dallas! He was the only one on the van that I could really relate to 'cause he was the only other kid there! I loved his smile and I loved the way he wrestled "Buster" in the alligator pen and then how he held little "Gertie" the baby gator. Captain Kim was there with him and made sure there were no mishaps during the event and I got some good pics and even a short little video of him enjoying the critters.



I ended up the day watching the sunset on our wonderful beach at the Outrigger, our local hangout, and who should I see there but my new friend Dallas and his family! What a fitting end to a super day! So I'm sharing last night's sunset with you too in the final picture here on the blog.



Thank you all for joining us for this adventure and I hope you do enjoy the pictures. Have a wonderful winter where ever you head to and be safe!



Gator D is heading back to the Everglades today so I got to get rolling!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment