Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18, 2011 "Whew! Traffic Traffic Traffic!"

In this business some days seem to just work out better then others and today was one of those days that DID NOT!


In normal situations, today's schedule would have been perfect, however, we had four pickups today (11 people) and due to construction on the north and south end of Estero Island and the amount of "swell" (the people who come in during our "season" - some people call these "snow birds"), our meet times were hard to meet.


Even with this, my customers were excellent and patient and we made the day work. The weather was wonderful, the wildlife plentiful, and Captain Robbie and Captain Kempton brought ALL my folks back today! THANK YOU GUYS! I love it when I can complete a day without filling out the missing persons report! YAY!


And, Captain Kim and Buster were spectacular as always, however, Captain Kim is a little lethargic due to the cold weather. She is cold blooded! :0)


I love my job, and frankly, people seem to make my job the best and today I had some great people. Good questions, good company, good weather, good folks! OH YEAH BABY, THROW ME INTO THE BRIER PATCH!


I want to thank all of you who joined me to day for making this yet another great adventure for me, even in spite of the delays we shared (especially Denise's group - England - Boston and Canada) and for your patience. I hope you all carry away with you a greater appreciation of the Everglades and the diversity it holds in nature. May your travels be safe and you return to your land be blessed!


Gator D is gonna head to sleep now to prepare for another South Florida Adventure!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment