Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 4, 2011 "Maureen, Jim, Anna and Pat (Per)"

Today was a special day, having the daughter (Anna) of a friend from last years Everglades Adventure (Lars), her husband Pat (Per), and Jim and Maureen from Pittsburgh (sorry for the loss in the Super Bowl!).

The weather was pretty perfect, if not a little breezy, however, the day could not have offered a better atmosphere to view the wonders of the Everglades.

Throughout the journey we saw plenty of birds and alligators, and on the airboat ride the folks were even treated to a visit from a friendly raccoon.

The only spot in the day that was a little uncomfortable was on our ride down the alligator infested Turner River where for the second time this week I was stalked by the Park Ranger who rode her truck about 5 feet behind our van for the entire 30 minute tour down that river. After I turned around and she followed me I had enough so I got out of the van and walked back and asked her what's up.

She told me that they were following all Tour Van's because they had been given information that "someone" on those vans were feeding the gators to attract them to the vans. Oh boy that is a BIG no-no for several reason, not only is it illegal (considered harassment) but it is DANGEROUS for both the humans and the gators. If the gators bite someone it can be bad for that person of course, but the gator is killed! Not good. PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE GATORS!

Anyway, after talking with her for a few minutes, I introduced myself to her and assured her that I would never do that nor allow someone on my van to do that. Of course, she was just doing her job, so the next time if she is following me I won't feel quite so "stalked".

The day ended up full of adventure and Pat held a spider! A big one! He said "O.K. time to get out of my box!" Good for you Pat!

I hope you all enjoy the pics and little video. Share them with others and if you would like to help others in their decision to join us for an adventure, click on the link to "Trip Advisor" on the right side of this blog and jot down a few comments about your day so they can get first hand info about the journey.

Have fun while you are here and be safe going home! Thank you all! Gator D is headed back to the Everglades so I got to get off of here!


























2 comments:

  1. Marianne from FinleyvilleMarch 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM

    WOW!! Glad you and Maureen had a wonderful time!! Next time I find a snake in my house I am calling Jim to the rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Jim - I'll show Grandpap these pics when he's over for Sunday Dinner this weekend. Looked like a fun trip but I did notice I didn't see any picture of Maureen holding the snake or spider!!!! I'm with her!!!!

    ReplyDelete