Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sunset Cruise

My day started by heading out to the marina to move the boat to the splash dock so that the marvelous marine techs at Snook Bight Marina can do their magic and keep us in business. For Mike and Cristina, keeping their equipment in top shape is a priority. If a van or boat breaks down on the summer out of season it can cost the business money but if it happens IN season it can cost thousands of dollars of lost revenue! Not a good thing!

The skies were bright and sunny but the breeze was stiff and the air was cold! I still felt comfortable at the marina. I love being around the water and around boats. It's in my blood. Kenny Chesney sings a song called "French Kissing Life" and boy does that describe how I feel about my life here on the island!

I guess to some degree I'm not complete, but, I'm not far from being there! I don't need to be famous, I just want to feel free and that's what I feel! Freedom!

So after my chore of moving the boat was over, I headed home to cut the grass and do some chores there at the house. Then MORE free feelings as I jumped on my new bicycle and headed up island for a 12-mile spin. I decided that since I was expending some energy and the internal oven was upping my metabolism that I would "refill" my tanks by visiting Surf Pie at Times Square for a slice of Tomato Basil pizza pie and a Cream Soda. Ummmmmmm! So good!

Of course all good things must come to an end so I saddled back up on my cruiser and headed back south to prepare for my afternoon tours. I did not have a 3:00pm dolphin tour, so after checking on the progress of the boat and seeing that it was pretty much done, I headed home for a couple of hours.

I did have a sunset cruise and decided to leave home early so that I could give myself plenty of time in case I had to reposition the boat or wait in traffic. Believe it or not, even though I live only 2.5 miles from the marina, traffic this time of year can cause an issue for me at times. However, today was not one of those days, I arrived at the marina with plenty of time on my hands so I pulled out a copy of Latitudes and Attitudes (sailing magazine) and caught up on some of my reading while I listened to some Caribbean and Latin music.

My customers arrived around 5:00pm and after a few minutes of loitering around the marina they finally made their way to the boat where I boarded them and gave them their safety briefing. After I made sure we had no walk-ons for a last minute cruise, I headed out for our night in the brisk air.

It was a wonderful night and our four, yes, four customers, who braved this cold windy night, had a wonderful show from the dolphins and a beautiful sunset.

I hope the pics show just how great it was. I had a good time for sure, but, then again, I was on the water. In a boat. With dolphins and the sunset. And eagles and pelicans and egrets and on and on and on and on! Yeah, I was in my element. I was with nature. I was experiencing another wonderful South Florida Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment