Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Tough When It's Someone You Know!

Some days you never know what is gonna "pop up" in your path into "today"! On this occasion, it was the third pickup of my full day Everglades trip and I drove up to see Ashley and Jesse, daughters of one of our friends standing there with their friend Andy waiting for me to pick them up for a trip to the Everglades. To be honest, this always makes me nervous because with "strangers" if you screw up during the day, or don't entertain well, it's no big deal because you probably will never see them again.
But with acquaintances, with friends, with family, you know you WILL see them again! Did they enjoy it? Did they have fun? WHO REALLY KNOWS!? People are kind, and in general, don't want to make others feel bad no matter what. So, it's risky to go out with friends. But, sometimes, you've just got to say "what the hell" and do it anyway cause that's your assignment.

So, off I went to the glades with folks who were more then strangers! The good thing was that I was not just with them, but with a few others who I DID NOT know prior to today! Does that take pressure off one? Well, no, it does not! I take pride in my work and want EVERYONE to enjoy it.

As we headed to the everglades, the weather was still cool, still "iffy" but all in all it cooperated and we had a great time. I always try to educate folks on the Everglades, its plants and animals and the "state" in which we find it. I talk a lot about the past, present and future of this wilderness known as the "River Of Grass". I hope it is good. I hope others learn even a small amount of the facts about this vast wetland. I also hope that for whatever reason, even in a small amount, that others see that saving our natural environment is of utmost importance. Humans are on the way out IF we can't find a way to balance our existence with nature. I think it is plain and simple. But we must take action and reverse the negative effects we have had on nature. I hope my guests leave me with a better understanding of the Everglades and a concern for the "rebuilding" of this great eco-environment.

Please enjoy these pics and know that I am on the side of nature and a good, healthy balance between man and nature here in our South Florida Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment