Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gator D was LATE with this blog!

Hey folks, sorry I did not get this one in on time. Sometimes the best intentions are met with disaster! Would it help to say that a herd of elephants ran through my yard, knocked down a very large coconut palm tree that happened to fall right through my window, landing directly on my ATT wireless modem box and crushed it so that it would not work? OK... well, I gave it a try!

The truth is I was tired on the 18th and off on the 19th so on the 19th I was too busy being bored to do my blog 'cause being off doesn't set well with my spirit and my spirit acted up by being bad and the being bad was procrastinating getting my blog from the day before done. So, here I am, doing the blog from the 18th on the 20th. I hope you understand!



I had a very nice, long day on the 18th starting with a half day Everglades trip with a wonderful group of folks. We had pretty decent weather, still cold but "do-able" compared to the earlier days of the month, but all in all we survived well and enjoyed the day.

Moving on, my afternoon included a 3:00pm Dolphin Watch and a Sunset Cruise. I must say that all three of my tours were very good and very much tiresome for me. Not because of the people but because of my FUN! Fun is tiresome don't you think? You expend a lot of energy laughing, talking, moving, "cutting-up" and such. So by the end of the day, oh I already said it, I WAS TIRED.

And to top it off, the last group of folks were HOCKEY FANS! All the way from Kalamazoo Michigan (not sure if I spelled it right or not) but BOY were these folks wild and crazy. Especially SLAPPY! Slappy is the mascot for the Kalamazoo hockey team who was visiting us in South Florida to play the Everblades. It is my understanding that Slappy, the mascot, is a KING FISHER. Now, here, in Florida, the Kingfisher is NOT GREEN. Slappy was GREEN. OK, so, does that mean that the Kingfisher in Michigan is green or weird? I don't know, just asking! No, all kidding aside I had a BLAST with these folks and we DID see Dolphins!



GOOD FOR ME! I think I sweated a little when one of the visiting ladies spoke a jinx on the way aboard the boat in the question of "DO YOU GUARANTEE WE WILL SEE DOLPHINS?" I hate that question! It sets me up for failure EVERYTIME! So I pretended not to hear her and went about my business and on sighting our first dolphin I hollered out YES I GUARANTEE IT! ! Whew! I hate those jinxy questions! Just kidding, kind lady from Michigan!



It was a fun day for me and I hope a fun day for my guests on these journeys. Until another day, I am happy to have shared yet another South Florida Adventure with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Catching up on your adventures now that I have the internet again. Keep writing! I'm living vicariously through your pictures while looking at 6 inches of the white stuff out of my WV window. :0) Actually, today it is almost 60 with sunshine, so it's finally melting off a bit! Love you!

    ReplyDelete