Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rainy Saint Patricks Day Parade! Ft. Myers Beach Fun Day!

Welcome to the Ft. Myers Beach Annual Saint Patrick's Day Parade! It was a rainy morning but does that interfere with green beer, bloody Mary's and FUN? Heck no! Are you kidding! Every been to Ireland? It rains there too! So all these Irish folks came out in droves and just did what they do -- HAVE FUN!

I love this parade, it truly is the highlight of the season for the south end of the island for this time of year.

Hope you enjoy the photos and if you were here, hope you enjoyed the real thing! If you were not a part of it, join us next year. It is a local holiday fun house!


And they're OFF!

Where I come from, you would get beat up if you wore a skirt! These guys get by with it because they call it a KILT! Plus, most of them are bigger then me and they box good in Ireland!

The funny hats crack me up! What is that suppose to be?
Took this just because of the car! Love that color, don't you? Only issue is that it won't go into the wetlands in the everglades too good! No 4-wheel drive!



Now that is a multi-passenger beach rod!

Oh, THIS is my kind of beach rod! And, multi-passenger TOO!

Sweet!
That's Randi and her supporters From HEAD HUNTERS here on the island! She takes care of my head! Well, my hair that is! She messes with everybody's head! That's what happens on the beach! THANKS RANDI!


So many clowns on this island!

Yep, there is another one!

Wonder if we could get 35" mudders under there?

Some more happy people!

Now that's what I need! Wonder what size I should order? Carrie, help me out here!

OK, there you go! What a pose! Now about that Brain Minder, clue me in!

Oh My Goodness they HUNG that poor Teddy Bear! WHY?

Wish I knew more about this Saint Patrick. Green Hair? And what about his wife? Or did he have a wife? I JUST DON'T KNOW! Maybe it was the GREEN BEER!

I have heard that these guys really get into Irish Holidays. I don't see any hunchbacks in this crowd. Wonder why?

Ah... Castaways! The outgoing and incoming King and Queen! You served well Bug Man and Kathy!

Hey Margo, why didn't you dress up for this event?

This is Val, always the kidder-- throwing things at people!

Only ONE motorcycle in this Parade? That MUST change next year! What say ye, Don? Let's organize some more bikes next year!

Jeanne, fabulous as always. But it is not Friday night!

Love to see those public service vehicles, so nice and shiny! What a treat! One of my favorite things about a parade!

Our favorite "Irish Band", "Soap Box". Well, not sure if they are Irish but its our favorite band! You go, girl!

There is Stix getting close to losing his job to an up and comer! We will miss you Stix!
Well, another journey ended! I was on tap for boat tours today but they never came to fruition. Too much rain and too much cold! So, we will see how Thursday works out. No Everglades trips till Friday so I'm at the mercy of the weather!
Have a wonderful day my friends and remember to keep shoes on when you step out of the boat. You may step onto an oyster bar! Nasty cuts, nasty infections, and it could ruin your day! Adios until my next South Florida Adventure! Gator D signing off!


No comments:

Post a Comment