Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Well here we are in yet ANOTHER cold spell! I just can't stand it I want my WARM, no..... HOT weather back! I want it! I need it! I WANT MY WARM SHORTS AND TEE AND FLIP FLOP WEATHER BACK!
OK, I feel better now! Well, not really, but it's the best I can do for now I suppose!

Headed back to the glades this morning with a family from Minnesota and a family from California! It was windy. It was cold. They were TROOPERS! I heard no complaints and even though I may have seen some frozen nose hairs on the return of the airboat to the dock, I still saw some smiles and laughter! So, I think it was a success!

We had a hard time seeing many gators in the small pond out front of the chickee today but prior to the time we departed the dock a little 4 footer popped his head up for us to peer at.

I did not take my usual walk in the grass searching for snakes and stuff because I did not want to disturb any gators that may be lying around so I stayed inside the chickee and shot the breeze with Kim and watched a video on the Seminole people of the Everglades! I was even able to take a few photo's of a black vulture hanging out on the access road to the barn. This is a REAR VIEW shot of him that I thought was interesting!

It was a good day regardless of the weather. My afternoon trips out on the tour boat were cancelled due to the cold so this afternoon I'm just getting caught up on some things around the house, including these blogs! Yay!

To all my friends I wish you a happy healthy day and hope you are fine and dandy! I will chat with you soon. Until then "goodbye" from Gator D and his South Florida Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment