Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BIGGGGGG Gator!

Remember when Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfus) in the movie "Jaws" was on the boat with Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) and Matt asked Martin to go to the end of the boat when JAWS was approaching the boat just so that Matt could take a picture of the shark in contrast to Martin to get a good view of the actual size of the shark?

Well, today, I saw the biggest gator I have seen on our Everglades Adventures and I could NOT talk any of my crew into going into the water, getting a little closer to this behemoth in order that I could take a picture of both in order for you to see the actual size of this beast! Go figure! No takers! What gives? I needed to get a good perspective on this beast. "NO WAY!" they say! And Lars was at least 6 feet tall! No help at all. So, you will just have to imagine when we saw this huge and I mean huge gator lieing on the bank. It was 13 feet long and I have witnesses! Right? Right folks? I got Sue, Kelly, Katie, Lars and Margarita! Yes, we all saw this thing. It was there, real and HUGE! The picture cannot give justice to it but for two hours after, my heart was thumping! Its girth was enormous, its teeth sticking far out of its jaws and the length was incredible!

Makes my day for sure! Oh yeah, Gator D loves the big ole gators!

I want to thank my crew today for making my day special! It was a fun day, seeing all of the smiling faces and enjoying the warmth! YES THE WARMTH! I actually felt a little hot during the day! I loved it!

I hope you enjoy the photos and for Lars, Margarita, Sue, Kelly and Katie, I want to thank you for helping me have yet another South Florida Adventure!

So they say if you estimate the distance between the NOSTRILS and the EYE SOCKETS of a gator in inches, you can convert that number to feet and get a very accurate measurement of the overall length of the beast! This one, with concurrence of all my crew, was over 13". So, a gator OVER 13 Feet Long! YESSSSSSS!

Just one of the Burmese Pythons hanging out with us today!

Margarita with our friend Doo Doo!

Not sure that's the right end to be focusing on Lars

Kelly looks right at home with this wonderful Cockatiel!
KIDS! Don't try this at home! This bird is a real doctor performing this operation!

Lars having fun!

What did he say Kelly? Was it funny?

OK, enough already! This bird is the center of attention!

Another big gator on the banks of the Turner River Canal!

Hmmmmmm!

Nice adornment Sue! Is that FEAR we see?

OK so this is a small post office! Are the postmen small too?

Katie, Kelly, Sue, Lars and Margarita enjoying the smallest post office in the USA!

The BEFORE Picture! See the smiles?

One of the DURING pictures!

A Tri-Colored Heron taking up residence in the wetlands and looking for an afternoon snack.

Great Blue Heron captured prior to spooking him from his perch!

Another DURING picture!

Kelly and her new friend Hollywood!

Katie and Hollywood! No Margarita you CANNOT kiss him! God had a great sense of humor when he created this creature! Oh yeah, the gator ain't bad either!

Gator Girl Sue!

Sue, Kelly, Katie, Lars and Margarita! Thanks guys! Had fun, hope you did too!
Well folks this wonderful has come to an end! I hope you all enjoyed it and remember that "you got to grow OLD but you don't have to grow UP!" I want to thank you all for taking time out to read my journal and I hope you continue to do so! Join me again for another South Florida Adventure and tell your friends about it!
Gator D signing off!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That gator is huge. Enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete