Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 23, 2011 "Going Postal!"

Gator D headed to the Everglades today with a full load of whitty, fun people! As always we started our day stopping for a brief "comfort break" before heading into the Everglades. It was a foggy start but a beautiful day and I anticipated a great one.

As we manuvered through the land of the "River of Grass" I laid it on pretty heavy with "word pictures" about the people, places, plants, animals and history of the Everglades. If they got tired of hearing me talk, they never let on.

It was great to have these wonderful people sharing this adventure with me. I even had a group of four ladies who were fellow Postal Employees and boy did I surprise them with the Smallest Post Office in America! I think they are all wanting to put in a application to work there. (Well girls, until she gets her college work completed I don't think she is heading anywhere soon.)

It was an excellent day and I am so thankful for all those who joined me. Thanks for the fun. I hope you enjoy the pictures and share them with others. You were all troopers.

Check out the other links on the side of this blog and especially, if you care to share your experience with us today with others to help them make a more informed decision as to whether or not they would like to join us, click on the "Trip Advisor" link and jot down a few thoughts!

Gator D is heading back to the glades this morning so I need to get off here and get going. Enjoy your stay and have a safe journey back home!







































No comments:

Post a Comment