Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 21, 2010 "River Of Grass!"

Some days just tend to start out better then others and today was one of those that was "not" starting out so good! As always, I plan my day based on the first pickup point for my Everglades Adventures. My boss lady always does a great job informing me way in advance so that I can make my preparations to do my work which includes picking up the van, making sure the windows are clean and that the interior is ready for guests. Then I go gas her up and head out for our first pickup.

This morning, I got a call from my boss saying that one of our guests could not make it to the pickup point and she asked if I could ride into town and get her. AHHHHHH! OK, so, I am a planner, an organizer and it was already 8:00am and I needed to be at the first pickup by 9am. So, as always, between me and the boss lady, we made corrections and headed out into the world to make it happen!

And we did! After finding the correct pickup point in town, we speeded off for our "normal" pickup at Summerlin Square and we made it by the 9:00am pickup time. However, two of the ladies that were suppose to be there were in San Carlos PARK! Not San Carlos BLVD! That was over 20 minutes away and we had a 10:15am airboat ride scheduled! AHHHHHH! So, after redirecting them to an alternative pickup point, I arrived there about 20 minutes later for their pickup! Then on to the last pickup which I was scheduled for at 10:00am. Guess what? I MADE IT ON TIME! And then, enroute to the airboat ride, I got behind a SLOWPOKE! Yes a SLOWPOKE! In a 60 MPH speed zone this person decided to be kind and do 45!

AHHHHHH! OK, relax Gator D, all is fine! We WILL make this happen! But.... KIM, at the airboat company is kind of unforgiving if we are late! I always get this lecture from her and I knew she would not be happy if I was too late!

And with all that said, WE MADE IT ON TIME! YAY!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!

Thanks to all my customers and your patience! Thanks for joining us today. I had a blast and appreciate your business. On behalf of Good Time Charters and Everglades Adventures and me, Gator D, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!













No comments:

Post a Comment