Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10, 2012 "Awesome Day In the Everglades!"

What an incredible day in the Everglades today! The adventure was a highlight for me as 12 wonderful people joined me for a full day journey into the glades. I am always gratified to have people who seem to enjoy the experience but every once in awhile you get a group that simply blends together to make it an exceptional day and today was just that!

I woke up yesterday feeling a little under the weather and after spending a full day on the water doing shelling, dolphin and sunset tours I was "beat to the bone" as my Grandma Kennedy use to say.

Truthfully, I was really not looking forward to getting up to early this morning for the early pickups necessary for a full day adventure in the glades, but my wonderful wife fixed me up with coffee, cold meds, and sent me on my way with a oatmeal bar and I perked up some.

After picking up all my charges for the day I suddenly realized how lucky I was to get this group and have this opportunity to be with them today. With sickness but a slight memory for me I decided this was gonna be a great day and boy was I not disappointed!

We shared experiences such as Swampbuggy rides, an Americana stop (smallest post office) "interactive animal exhibits" (petting zoo without furry little bunnies, hehe!), alligator infested river systems, excellent lunch in Everglades City, a museum and then to the highlight of the day, the airboat ride!

Super day, super people, excellent memories! I LIKE IT!

I want to thank all of you who joined me today for such a wonderful time. You really did make my day and frankly I feel 100% better because of it. I sure hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope you enjoyed your day.

We shared a lot of info about the history, geology, animal and plant life and humanity of the glades and I hope you got something good from it. I appreciate your enthusiasm and spirit!

Gator D is gonna close out for now and prepare for yet another great day in the glades tomorrow! Oh for just a fraction of this joyful day I wish upon myself tomorrow!

SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATORS!













































No comments:

Post a Comment