Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 31, 2012 "Let's make some Lemonade!"

There is this old saying that I have heard a hundred times in my life that goes something like this: "When life gives you lemons, just make LEMONADE!".

Well, I got me a bunch of lemons today, starting in the form of a broke down swampbuggy which typically is the first destination stop for my customers who join us for a Full Day Everglades tour.

Things are not always perfect and one must be able to flex with the situation, and frankly, we do adjust to things such as traffic, delays getting on the airboat, sick gators, lack of birds and alligators at certain times of the year, too much heat, too many mosquito's, and the occasional rain storm that gets us wet as we explore the Everglades! It's an adventure, right? So, we just adjust!

Today, having such a large piece of our day unavailable to us put some stress on the situation, however, for the most part the folks were wonderful and just moved along with it! We were able to add into our day something we have never done before and that was visit the animal exibit at Wootens!

Boy howdie do they got gators! Hundreds of BIG OLE boys and in addition, I was able to show them CROCS! NEVER BEFORE HAVE MY CUSTOMERS SEEN CROCS! Yes they were in captivity, but to be able to see those guys and compare them with the gator was a great experience!

We also got some good views of all kinds of birds along the Turner river and were graced by many displaying their colors and character up close and personal. Many alligators lounged in the heat of the river and we saw probably at least 2 dozen or more along the narrow river as we cruised beside them enjoying the site. Big snakes, scorpions, spiders, alligators, crocs, even Eastern Diamondback Rattlers, pigmy rattlers, and cottonmouths were ours to view too! Pretty good for a days outting!

To my folks today, thank you for your patience and understanding! We can't always be in control of things and when stuff happens, you got to just either let it ruin your day or go with it and make the most out of it so thanks for the LEMONADE!

I had a blast I hope you did too! I love the Everglades but more then that I love sharing it with others! Thank you for giving me that opportunity!

So, with that said, SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATORS! I'm gonna get some sleep because tomorrow I have yet another adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment