Sunday, May 2, 2010

South Seas Island ADVENTURE!

I am a guide in the Everglades and on a regular basis I pick people up from their hotels or meet them at central locations for a South Florida Adventure! Today was a first for me, especially considering it was an express tour, meaning a half day adventure, not a full day trip.So, at 7:00am, I headed to North Captiva Island, one hour away from Ft. Myers Beach to pick up a group of folks from South Seas Island Resort (formerly known as South Seas Plantation). I have not been to this area for quite some time. Sonja and I have ridden our motorcycle up that way occasionally but most of the time we did not make it beyond the Green Flash.It was a very nice ride on a beautiful day and once at the resort I waited for my party to arrive at the lobby area. This was a wonderful group of folks, here to celebrate a wedding, and I must say quite delightful to spend time with.It took us 2 hours from South Seas to get to the airboat ride, and after spending about an hour and a half in the Everglades enjoying the great weather, boat ride and playing with Buster (alligator), we headed back to Captiva. After another 2 hour ride I delivered these folks to their home away from home so they could enjoy what was left of the day.Another hour of driving got me back home in time to chill a little bit before I headed to the boat for an evening cruise to see the sun set over the Sanibel causeway. While sitting out there at the tip end of Estero Island gazing over the horizon I wondered if the folks over there were watching the sunset as we were. I went over that bridge 4 times for this adventure!Thanks folks for joining me and thanks for your generosity! Hope you enjoy the photos and share them with your friends and families!
There you have it! Looks like fun, huh? And MARY, I hope I was not to far off base with all that "scientific" stuff!For you newlyweds, remember the two words? "YES DEAR"! Ha!That's enough for me! Im outta here seeking another South Florida Adventure for today!

1 comment:

  1. Gator D:

    Please see note emailed to you on April 24--thanks!


    David Troublefield
    Wichita Falls, TX

    ReplyDelete