Monday, September 12, 2011

September 11, 2011 "Where were you?"

Although I have attempted to avoid the emotions of such a historical day for all of America and the world, as we look upon the 10th anniversary of the tragic terror attack on our homeland, I simply cannot go without a short word on this day.


Ten years ago I remember as I sat at a conference table with representatives from many bureaus and agencies from both the Treasury Department and the Justice Department mulling over how we could better do our business in times of crisis in our homeland, we got the word of the bombing in New York. We had just deployed a team members from the U.S. Secret Service to NYC to prepare for the United Nations conference and we had several dozen of those advance people there doing their job, preparing all things for that event to protect the visiting foreign dignitaries and our own people from harm.


Even now I can remember details such as the looks each of us were giving to each other as we began to prepare and deploy people in that direction and deal with the massive amount of chaos that was sure to come. We had wonderful people on site there, already dealing with things as the towers were burning and helping in efforts to evacuate the building. We had contractor representatives that had spouses who were in the airline business that all of a sudden realized that they could lose a family member and yet they continued to support us during this issue.


I will not elaborate on the details but I will say that without even thinking our team of government officials began to do their jobs as they had been trained to do in times of crisis and I am proud of those on site in Gaithersburg Maryland at that ATF facility and to all those that were in NYC on site going through that life changing experience. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones in that event and to all those who did not die but had to endure such tragedy in their life and are still dealing with the wounds that they recieved in their bodies and hearts.


Today, as always, I appreciate where I am and how I know spend my life, outside of that government rat race that consumed me so for 21 years in Washington DC. I was in the Everglades with 6 fun people, talking to them about the things that excite me and keep me ticking, enjoying the sounds and visions of the vast wilderness of the "River Of Grass" and thanking God that I am alive today to see it yet one more time!


Thank you all for going with me on this special day and I hope it was worth your time and money to see this wonderful place! Enjoy the pics and videos and share them with others!


GOD BLESS AMERICA!


Gator D signing off so SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR!





























No comments:

Post a Comment