Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eagles and Gators! April 21, 2010 Everglades Adventure!

Another day in paradise! Yeah, I know, I seem to have that kind of thing going on here in my South Florida Adventures and I am the first to admit I am spoiled! Well, somebody has to do these jobs! RIGHT?

I guess I'm just lucky!

Today was a great day in the glades and we saw tons of gators around and even heard the big 12 footer "bellowing" and messing around with a little 7 foot lady gator. It is mating time and he, the big ole boy, is in the mood if you know what I am talking about.

We also saw two Bald Eagles while out on our airboat ride and boy were they pretty. We got a good look at the young one who had not yet gotten his mature white head and tail. These guys are huge and can grow almost 4 feet tall. Now that is a bird!

Still not a whole lot of birds around, too much water has fallen in the off season and the bait is not "pooling" up in the shallows like it must. We will be seeing some of the migratorial birds return real soon now that it is getting warmer.

I think you will enjoy the photos of your day and hope you share them with others. I had a good time as always and I am happy to have gotten to know you folks more.

Enjoy!




















Well there you have it folks! More memories and more info for you to share with others. I'm glad you stuck with all of my talk today! See, I TOLD you I talk a lot!

For now, Gator D is gonna sign off and prepare himself for another South Florida Adventure tomorrow! You never know where your safari will take you so good preperation is required!

2 comments:

  1. Yep.....
    Such nice pics.......
    I like adventure life........
    You may like to see this....
    Florida beaches

    ReplyDelete
  2. iam afraid of all wild creatures.

    ReplyDelete